Youth Jr Bassmasters
The Junior Bassmaster program is our entry level program intended to target anglers who are not yet in high school. Each Junior Bassmaster club is sponsored & mentored by one of the Maine B.A.S.S. Nation adult clubs. The Junior Bassmaster club elects its own officers and runs its own club meetings with assistance of adult advisors. The purpose of the club is to provide a venue where youth can improve their skills as anglers, learn & exchange fishing techniques and information, learn responsibility and teamwork by operating the club, and learn sportsmanship and act as stewards for conservation and youth involvement in fishing. Clubs are encouraged to be family oriented and focus more on fun and learning, than on competition. The Junior Bassmaster State championship provides members of all the Junior Bassmaster clubs opportunity to test their skills against the fish & each other.
For membership information – please contact the Maine B.A.S.S. Nation Youth director.
B.A.S.S. High School Nation
The B.A.S.S. High School Nation is a new program that will help shape the future of the sport, one high school club at a time. The High School clubs will enjoy camaraderie and competition, as well as education and conservation programs.
As part of the B.A.S.S. High School Nation, young anglers can compete in the B.A.S.S. High School Nation Open and compete in State Championships to qualify for the B.A.S.S. High School Nation Championship, the first of which was held in 2014. Teen anglers can also attend the High School Elite Experience, a free opportunity for anglers who live near certain Bassmaster Elite Series tour stops. We appreciate your interest.
Maine B.A.S.S. Nation Junior and High School Clubs
1. Belfast Area HS Basscats - High School club (Belfast, Me.) President-John Boynton
2. Biddeford High School -High School Club (Biddeford, Me.) President-Sean Behen email@example.com
3. L/A Junior Bassmasters - Youth Club (Dixfield, Me.) Advisor-John Volkernick firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Bonny Eagle - High School Club (Buxton, Me.) President-Brett Levin email@example.com
5. Mainely Bass Junior Bass - Youth Club (Kennebunk, Me.) (no contact information available)
6. MEBASS High School - Dixfield, ME Advisor-John Volkernick firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Noble Knights Fishing Team - High School Club (Lebanon, Me.) (no contact information available)
These are the current Youth and High School Clubs for Maine. There seems to be widespread interest from young anglers in joining a club and learning more about the sport but the organized clubs are quite limited in number and location. Young anglers interested should consider joining the nearest club to them to get started. This might involve some travel but after gaining some experience you can start up your own club in your area with just a few friends who have similar interest. You can find out about the requirements for a new club on this site and can also get some assistance from the adult club that is closest to where you live.
List of qualifiying events and contacts for jr and HS teams. (Coming Soon)
Information Packet Coming Soon
October 8, 2017
Gardiner Sportsman Club
Cobbossee Stream, Pleasant Pond, Horseshoe Pond